Draw a great looking Goku Black with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Goku is a cartoon character from the popular Dragon Ball cartoon and manga. Goku Black the antagonist in “Future” Trunks Saga of Dragon Ball Super, is actually Zamasu from an unaltered timeline within Universe 10.
Did you know that Goku Black wasn’t always acting on his dark impulses? He was calm, listening to his teacher’s words, but something dark was growing inside him. He developed hatred towards mortals which he saw as blasphemy.
It’s up to you how to envision Goku Black. He was able to take flight through the manipulation of ki but also he was a master of the black Kamehama.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can make your very own Goku Black cartoon drawing with this step-by-step tutorial. Use a pencil to draw the outline, then outline your drawing with a pen when you’re done.
Color your drawing with pencils, markers, paint, crayons and anything that you like.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Goku Ultra Instinct, Goku, and Broly.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Goku Black
1. Start with a small dash near the top-third of the page. Add two diagonal lines pointing upward, then sketch two straight lines to form the jawline. Inside the face, draw two triangles pointing toward each other. Draw two thinner triangles on top of these and fill them in to make the eyebrows.
For the anime eyes, draw two circles inside the triangles and fill them in. Draw short dashes between the eyes, then sketch an L-shape underneath. Lightly sketch a triangle on the other side of the nose, then use three curved lines underneath to form the mouth.
2. To the right of the face, draw a large zigzag with two triangles. Sketch another zigzag on the top of the head. Use oblong ovals to make the ears, then use curved lines to create more detail.
3. Draw two short lines to make the neck. Add a circle underneath the right ear, then use large, sweeping zigzag lines to make the pointy hair. Make sure you vary the sizes of the triangles and use a combination of straight and curved lines. Add two diagonal lines above the eyebrows.
4. Start at the right side of the neck and draw a sweeping line pointing downward. Draw a shorter line near the top of this line to make a Y-shape. Sketch lightly curved lines inside this space to make the neck muscles. To the left, draw two small hill shapes and connect them with a straight line.
Draw two diagonal lines pointing downward. On the right, draw three straight lines that make a vaguely looped shape, then connect them to the body with another straight line. Use curved lines to complete the sleeve.
5. Draw a straight diagonal line pointing downward from the sleeve, then sweep it upwards in a curved line. Use thick noodle shapes to make the fingers. Add a semi-circle for the palm, then draw a gentle curve to complete the arm. Add another semi-circle and accentuate it with two curved lines.
6. For the left arm, draw a short line pointing downward, then sweep it upward in a curved line. Use narrow noodle shapes for the fingers, making sure that they overlap. Draw a semi-circle for the palm. Sketch another curved line and a semi-circle for the arm, then use dashes for the knuckles. Draw a short curved line near the wrist.
7. Underneath the body, draw a slightly curved line. Draw an identical line a half-inch below it, then use hill shapes to connect the lines. Connect this shape to the body with two curved lines above. Use sweeping lines to make the bottom of the robe, then sketch a loose M-shape underneath like a bird flying in the distance.
8. To the left, make three looped shapes that gradually get smaller. Draw another loop underneath, then make two more loops to form the left leg. Repeat this process with the right leg. Underneath each leg, draw two lines pointing downward.
For the right foot, sketch an oblong circle. For the left foot, draw one diagonal line, lightly curve it underneath and make a small hill shape near the ankle.
9. Sketch a variety of straight and curved lines to make the folds of the clothes. Add a few lines to the ankles of the boots to give them more depth.
Outline your entire drawing with a black pen or marker, then erase the extra lines.
When you’re done, color the robes and boots light grey. Color the hair, pants and sleeves with black, then use light tan for the skin. Use olive green for the earring and orange for the belt.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you’re logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you’re still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).